After your test
When and how do you know the results?
- Go to and consult the page ‘reports en results’.
- Call your doctor.
What do I have to do if I test positive?
If you test positive, that means you have been infected with COVID-19. It is very important to stay at home and isolate from other people as much as possible.
Do so for at least 7 days. If you become ill and show symptoms, keep staying at home in isolation for as long as you have symptoms. In case you become seriously ill (breathing difficulties, high fever) then call your doctor to make an appointment. If you do go straight to hospital, notify them by phone before you arrive.
What do I have to do if I test negative?
- Stay at home for 14 days, also if your test is negative. Because you can still become ill up to 14 days after your last contact with an infected person, you must remain at home in isolation. If that means you are unable to work, then your doctor can write a quarantine certificate.
- Consult your doctor for a second test. After a second negative test you can leave isolation sooner (after 10 days).
- Only leave the house because you have to, for example to visit your doctor, the pharmacy or buy groceries. Always wear a mask. You are allowed to spend time in your private garden or terrace.
- Don’t receive visitors.
- Measure your body temperature 2 times per day and be alert for possible symptoms (breathing difficulties, coughing,…).
- Call your doctor immediately if you develop symptoms such as fever and coughing. Do not visit your doctor or the hospital, but call your doctor.
- Do you live together with elderly people or people who are suffering from an illness? Then try to isolate from them as well as you can.
- Do not share utensils, cups, glasses or plates, toothbrushes or towels with your household.
- Do you often get in contact with vulnerable people during your job, such as the elderly? Then you will be tested after 12 days of isolation at home, even if you didn’t develop symptoms.
More information about the COVID-19 virus is available on www.info-coronavirus.be
Who are the partners of this project?
- 14 partners:
- de Stad Antwerpen
- de 4 Huisartsenkringen van Antwerpen
- Ziekenhuis Netwerk Antwerpen (ZNA)
- Universiteit Antwerpen (UA)
- Universitair Ziekenhuis Antwerpen (UZA)
- AP Hogeschool
- de provincie Antwerpen
- Vlaams Agentschap Zorg en Gezondheid
- de Federale Overheidsdienst Volksgezondheid
- With support of Golazo